[MlMt] 5806 minor annoyance

Sun May 23 09:27:38 EDT 2021

On 18 May 2021, at 12:22, Charlie Clark wrote:

> probably a regression due to fixing other things. but 5806 reenabled the sent mail sound which I'd disabled years ago, meaning it took me a while to disable it again.

I'm not sure what I could have done to trigger that, but several users have reported the opposite problem: MailMate playing the wrong sound (because it fails to access the one configured by default). This was a side-effect of making MailMate respect the macOS “Do not Disturb” feature. This means MailMate can no longer directly “borrow” the Apple Mail sound which was always a bit of short-term solution which became long-term.

The latest test release includes its own sound instead. It's similar to the Apple Mail sound. I found it in the public domain, but if anyone finds (or creates) a great default sent mail sound for MailMate then let me know. Or even multiple alternative sounds. I'm naturally willing to pay for it.