[MlMt] Strikethrough works!

Fri May 14 08:36:51 EDT 2021

On 30 Apr 2021, at 19:37, Charlie Clark wrote:

> I think this came up a couple of months ago: can man do ~~strikethrough~~ in MailMate. I guess this was resolved when then markdown processor was swapped.
>
> Great one, Benny!

Well, actually I'm not a big fan of the feature and it's not the one used for the current strikethrough menu item, but that one is also far from perfect.

The problem is that the generated HTML is fine, but the plain text part of the message (which is all some users see) will still have the raw markdown. And I'm not sure `~~text~~` is generally understood to mean that a word has been “removed”. In other words, it could potentially lead to misunderstandings...