[MlMt] Memory usage

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Tue May 11 03:10:32 EDT 2021

I have been looking at the memory usage of mailmate throughout the years. I have concluded it "uses lots of memory".

I have four imap accounts where specifically one have lots of messages. In total I have 2.988.939 messages, and MailMate eats 4.34GByte of memory about half an hour after starting.

I tested for the first time Mail Mate on a MacMini with 8G RAM, and after adding the accounts it was up to 8.5G of RAM. As I know MailMate eats lot when booting a new machine (leak somewhere), I restarted it and it is about 3.34GB directly after launch.

A bit too much on a host with 8G...so I do not think I will swap hardware just yet.

Question, have anyone of you like myself had issues with memory and looked into what might causing it?

Any strategies for using less memory? [too many virtual mailboxes]

   Patrik