[MlMt] Default format=flowed change in 5800?

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Fri May 7 07:16:53 EDT 2021

On 2021-05-03 21:43:18 (+0800), Pete Resnick wrote:
> Saw this in the release notes for Test Build 5800:
>
> - Changed: By default, MailMate no longer uses the format=flowed
> standard. For now, it can be enabled using MmFormatFlowedEnabled if
> needed/preferred.
>
> Why the change? There should be more format=flowed in the world, not
> less, IMO.

I've been wondering about this change too.  I know there are awkward
interactions between format=flowed and inline PGP (and possibly S/MIME)
but `MmFormatFlowedEnabled` seems a lot more useful to be default *on*
rather than default *off*.

I did a `defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmFormatFlowedEnabled -bool
true` immediately after installing r5800.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer