[MlMt] Updating SpamSieve

Jason Davies ophiochoslists at gmail.com
Wed May 5 12:53:05 EDT 2021

Hello everyone,

I don't do well at keeping up with lists due to work volume these days
but am about to completely give up on Spamsieve, which I've used since
it first launched. Despite endless training and retraining, resetting
and so on, it's almost completely random what gets labelled as spam and
frankly it's easier to delete it manually. I came here hoping to find
discussion about what is going on but I don't see a lot:(

I suspect this is from my going from an old mac Pro on Mojave to an M1
Mac mini around Xmas. If anyone has any bright ideas please let me know
but I've gone through the spamsieve manual, reset it all, reinstalled,
pretty much everything I can find as suggestions and am tired of
retrieving more good messages (usually with whitelisted emails and so
on) than spam from Junk.

I realise this sounds like a rant; it's not - it's a note so that if
someone else is going through this, they know they're not alone and it's
apparently not easy to solve!

Cheers,
Jason