[MlMt] Re-fetch mailbox list?

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue May 4 10:16:44 EDT 2021

On 2021-05-03 at 10:34:12 UTC-0400 (Mon, 03 May 2021 07:34:12 -0700)
Randall Gellens <mailmate at lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

> On 2 May 2021, at 18:43, Bill Cole wrote:
>
>> On 2 May 2021, at 20:01, Randall Gellens wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, I'd forgotten about subscriptions.  But where do I set it?
>>> The Edit IMAP Account setting is only one pane, with no mention of
>>> subscriptions.  I've hunted through the menus.
>>
>> You don't see an "Edit Subscriptions" button in the center section
>> under the other IMAP Server settings?
>
> Ah, thank you, it's there but I missed it.
>
> However, the new mailboxes aren't in the list.

That's where I would start examining the IMAP sessions in MM's Activity
Viewer and/or running manual IMAP sessions with something like the
OpenSSL s_client tool. Maybe also check the IMAP server to make sure
that it is recognizing the manually-created mailboxes. E.g. for Dovecot
& Courier (and maybe all Maildir++ implementations?) there must be a
zero-length file named maildirfolder and cur/new/tmp subdirectories in
every maildir.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org