[MlMt] Question on IMAP mailboxes and rules from a MailMate newbie

Andrew Buc abuc at andrewbuc.com
Sat Mar 13 13:43:51 EST 2021

I’m trying to get going with MailMate. I’m new not only to MailMate but also to IMAP in general. You’ll notice that this is being composed in Apple Mail!

I’ve started synchronizing MailMate with my FastMail IMAP account, which is separate from the POP3 account I’ve been using with Apple Mail.

What you see here is a start at duplicating my folder structure in Apple Mail. The Friends mailbox, as you might guess, is for personal correspondence. The Lists mailbox is for various listservs. I have many more friends and subscribe to many more listservs than shown, but I’m taking it a step at a time.

The Friends and Lists mailboxes are directly under the “Andrew Buc (FastMail)” account. Is that where they should be?

I’ve created a rule to move emails from the MailMate listserv to the MailMate folder, and it seems it’s working so far. I think I’m on the right track, but please confirm. Thank you!