[MlMt] Downloading only a portion of a mailbox?

Pete Resnick resnick at episteme.net
Tue Mar 9 07:21:25 EST 2021

On 8 Mar 2021, at 21:28, Bill Cole wrote:

>> On 8 Mar 2021, at 20:46, Jim Fenton wrote:
>>
>> I would like to use Mailmate to access the IETF mail archive that is
>> made available via IMAP.
>
> That failed miserably for me when I tried it with MM, a few releases
> ago. MM isn't happy with a read-only server.

I've been using it quite happily for some time. The only problem I've
run into is trying to send email from the read-only account, but
blanking out the SMTP stuff in the config made it much happier. And yes,
downloading the largest of the mailboxes took some time, but as you
said, storage is cheap. :-) Do use the subscribe feature to only get
those mailboxes you want.

pr

--
Pete Resnick https://www.episteme.net/
All connections to the world are tenuous at best