[MlMt] custom key to view as html

Scott mailmate at howyagoin.net
Thu Mar 4 19:16:17 EST 2021

On 5 March 2021, at 1058, Randy Bush wrote:

> i generally prefer text rather than html.  but sometimes i want to see
> message as html, and without my claws leaving the keyboard.  so i
> tried
> to figure out how to map a key to View/MessageBodyParts/HTML.
> clearly,
> it goes in, e.g.
>
>     ~/Library/Application
> Support/MailMate/Resources/KeyBindings/Special.plist
>
> but i can not find the action name, and can not find how to find the
> \@U.... for keys.

My personal way to solve this was to use macOS's native Keyboard
Shortcuts in the Keyboards control panel to map option-leftarrow and
option-rightarrow to the MailMate Menu commands Previous Alternative and
Next Alternative.

Charlie's suggestion is great for the one-key solution, but, I've been
using the keyboard application shortcuts to "fix" apps for so many
years, it was the quickest solution for me.

Scott