[MlMt] Blacklist question

Randall Meadows randy.meadows at not-pc.com
Mon Jun 21 13:56:04 EDT 2021

I keep getting spam to my Gmail address, addressed to
"Randall at aol.com"—both To: and Cc:, which is not my Gmail address…

I notice if I right-click on that address that I can "add to blacklist".
  What exactly does that do?  I've not been able to find much
information online about "blacklist" in MailMate.  Do I gather correctly
from the list archives that this is just a way to prevent an address
from participating in address auto-completion?  Or is there more to it?
Note that the incorrect/spammy address is a recipient address (albeit an
incorrect one) not a sender address--does this matter?

I also keep marking those messages as spam with my SpamSieve, but it's
not "taking"...

randy