[MlMt] Gmail messages marked "Important"?

Wed Jun 9 10:22:46 EDT 2021

On 8 Jun 2021, at 21:18, David Green wrote:

> I think starred items in GMail map to Important items in Mailmate.

No, Starred maps to `\Flagged` (in IMAP lingo).

>> How to eliminate the Important stigma from all my messages?

Unsubscribe from the Important mailbox using “Edit Subscriptions” in the IMAP account editor.

In general, using Gmail in an IMAP email client unfortunately requires that you have some understanding of how Gmail differs from IMAP. MailMate has a lot of workarounds for Gmail, but it's impossible to completely hide that Gmail really isn't IMAP. I've tried (to the best of my capabilities) to describe how Gmail works in the manual: https://manual.mailmate-app.com/account_setup#gmail