[MlMt] Telling MM not to check mail

Lisa Sieverts lisa at lisasieverts.com
Tue Jun 1 12:18:55 EDT 2021

TJ Luoma said

> This conversation reminded me - I would absolutely love a 'mode' for
> MailMate that would allow me to _send_ email but _NOT_ receive email.

> For example, today is a U.S. holiday, and so I am trying NOT to check
> my email, but I am _sending_ some emails for things that are happening
> tomorrow, later in the week, etc.

TJ, if you can handle “appearances” rather than “reality,” I
have a solution for you.

[Mailmate
Tricks](https://agilelisa.micro.blog/2020/10/09/apple-mailmate-tricks.html)

In that blog post, I show how I make a Smart Mailbox that is always
empty. As long as you don’t shift your view beyond that Mailbox, you
would achieve the *appearance* of no new mail. I do this every day when
I want to send an email without being sucked into my Inbox.

Lisa Sieverts
603-762-0235
lisa at lisasieverts.com