[MlMt] Selecting default SMTP server

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sun Jul 25 15:37:12 EDT 2021

On 2021-07-25 at 01:31:23 UTC-0400 (Sun, 25 Jul 2021 05:31:23 +0000)
Antonio Leding <mailmate at lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

> Correct - but I presumed he meant the SMTP server - if not, then I’m
> wondering if he might have been referring to how the SMTP server will
> be selected based on the From account…

Without the experimental hidden preference that gives an independent
SMTP menu, I have the pull-down shown in the attached images. It is
automatically set based on context but if pulled down I can select any
of the explicitly configured addresses for any account, or use the
"Customize..." option to use any address I like, which MM will match to
an account using their "Address Pattern" settings. Because each IMAP
account has its own SMTP server setting, setting the From address
determines the SMTP server.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org