[MlMt] BCC contact visibility on sent messages

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Jan 12 11:10:15 EST 2021

On 12 Jan 2021, at 17:00, Raza Rizvi wrote:

> I just noticed that in r5757 (but this could be by design) that when a mail is sent to BCC addressees and the sender includes themselves on the BCC (I do this automatically using the documented hidden preference) that one cannot see the BCC senders to whom the message was sent when the message is viewed by the sender.
>
> That seems both correct and illogical at the same time. I am sure that with other mail clients the same behaviour lets me see who I have BCCed the message to after it has been sent.
>
> Am I right, or is this as it should be?

That is definitely as it should be if you are referring to a copy you have received via BCC. However, a copy stored in sent-mail or wherever you store outgoing messages could and should have that information, and I just verified that it does with r5757.
--
   .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121 (Gebäude 133), Zimmer 2.02.:.
                .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.