[MlMt] S/MIME and OpenPGP issues

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Jan 5 08:56:12 EST 2021

Thanks. I went one a side quest for a while, because your public key
couldn’t be loaded. Somehow the Let’s Encrypted certificate for
hkps://keys.openpgp.org wasn’t trusted. I switched to
eu.pool.sks-keyservers.net, and now that part is working, at least.

To answer your question: yes, gpg-agent is running:

   505  1633     1   0 11:15am ??         0:00.30 gpg-agent --homedir
/Users/hgd/.gnupg --use-standard-socket --daemon

The version that’s running is from MacGPG. I also have a separate
installation from Homebrew, but that’s not being used. Perhaps we
could compare configuration files?

gpg-agent.conf:

default-cache-ttl 300
max-cache-ttl 999999
#pinentry-program
allow-loopback-pinentry

gpg.conf:

armor
#openpgp
default-key Hagedorn at spinfo.uni-koeln.de
encrypt-to 09C25485
force-mdc
#compress-algo 1
#no-secmem-warning
trust-model direct
#keyserver hkp://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
keyserver-options include-subkeys no-include-revoked timeout=5
charset utf8
utf8-strings
group uklan at uni-koeln.de=4D105B45 C46E14A6

group BUDDY=
emit-version
auto-key-locate keyserver
auto-key-retrieve
use-agent
pinentry-mode loopback

To be honest, some of these options are 20 years old, and I don’t even
remember what there were for :D

Cheers,
Sebastian