[MlMt] No notifications of new mail

Randall Meadows randy.meadows at not-pc.com
Fri Feb 26 18:39:47 EST 2021

On 26 Feb 2021, at 15:02, Bill Cole wrote:

> On 26 Feb 2021, at 16:11, Randall Meadows wrote:
>
>> Not seeing anything in MM prefs that might affect this.
>
> MM's infamously obscure Counters prefs pane is where you need to look.
>
> The 4 radio buttons at the corners of the icon select the 4 sets of
> attention-getting mechanism settings.

I only have one set (and have only ever had that one set):

Display: √ in dock √ in menu bar √ Notifications
for my Unread smart mailbox, with the Unread count.

The correct count shows both in the dock icon and the menu bar icon, but
I don't get any notification banners.

In case I was unclear in my original description, I'm talking
specifically about the macOS system notification banner that appears in
the top-right of the screen when a new message first arrives, showing a
brief summary of said incoming message.

These settings have not changed in, well, forever.  Could it possibly be
something related to at one time updating to v5757 but then reverting
back to v5673?