[MlMt] No notifications of new mail

Randall Meadows randy.meadows at not-pc.com
Fri Feb 26 16:11:00 EST 2021

MailMate--or my Mac, not sure whom to blame here--has stopped showing me
visual notifications of new incoming email.  It used to.  I still get
the notification sound, but nothing visual, which I used to use a lot to
scan the contents to know whether I should go tend to it immediately or
whether I can keep my focus where it currently is.

Not seeing anything in MM prefs that might affect this.

The Notifications sysprefpane is set to "allow notifications from
MailMate", using the Banners style; show on lock screen, show preview
always, show in Notification Center (it's NOT showing here at all
either) are all enabled, but I get no banner notifications.

The last two options, badge app icon and play sound, are the only
options working.

Any ideas on why come I get no (visual) notifications?  I've tried
toggling the settings, but that didn't help.  I've tried "turning it off
and back on" and that didn't help either.

Thanks!
randy