[MlMt] setting up on new computer

Fredrik Jonsson frjo at xdeb.org
Fri Feb 19 13:28:25 EST 2021

Jo 2021-02-19 18:45 wrote:

> I'm getting a new laptop - what's the best way to transfer MM? Just
> let Time Machine restore from the backup of the old computer? will I
> have to reinstall or redo my filters?

Yes, this will make your new computer just like your old one, including
everything MailMate related. (Assuming the Time Machine backup is up to
date.)

My suggestion is to use Apples migration assistant. It works really
well. You get a question about it when you start up the new Mac.

Migration assistant can read from a Time Machine backup but directly
from the old computer is usually faster.

Fredrik