[MlMt] 2nd IT&IP Service Notice: Campus Email Protocols IMAP/SMTP/POP Disabled - 2/1

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 00:23:24 EST 2021

I don't know too much about ActiveSync, but if it's Exchange 365 using
so-called modern Auth (i.e. OAuth2), my experience is that MailMate
r5757 works fine.  You need to select OAuth2 in the "IMAP Account
Settings" screen for both IMAP & SMTP.  Specify outlook.office365.com as
the IMAP & SMTP Servers, enter your email address, and you'll
authenticate via a window that will appear.

It's possible the server side is configured to only allow specific mail
clients.  If that's the case, you'll see a message about MailMate not
being an approved client.  At that point you're at the mercy of your
school and whatever policies they have in place.

But it's worth a try, it might just work!

-Eric