[MlMt] Bugs in 5748

Raza Rizvi raz at raz.org
Wed Feb 3 06:55:59 EST 2021

On 6 Dec 2020, at 19:52, Raza Rizvi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A couple of bug reports:
>
> Since 5726, if I attempt to save an attachment in a message using the
> Folder icon displayed within the message the application crashes BUT I
> can use Message/Save Attachments without issue….

I have the answer to this. It was still happening in 5757 on my home
machine, but I noticed it did not happen on my work laptop - same
version of OSX.

The crash report said:

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        14  Dispatch queue:
com.freron.write-to-disk-queue

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

So I looked MailMate preferences and in General I noticed that the
selected Default Download Folder (I use my Desktop) appeared as an
outline image. I reselected the Desktop and it appeared as a Blueish
folder, and lo the “Save Attachment to Default Downloads Folder”
icon to the top right of the body of the message now works again.

So the issue was it had forgotten where my Desktop was, and was trying
to write to a (presumably) non-existent place. So this is probably a
bug.

Raza