[MlMt] Is there a way to not store email locally?

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Feb 3 00:04:04 EST 2021

On 2 Feb 2021, at 21:50, Brandon Schneider wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> While cleaning up my drive, I noticed my MailMate folder has kept
> every single message that is in my Archive folder in IMAP. Which is
> about 9 gigs. Is there an option to tell MailMate to *not* download
> any messages locally like this? Just keep them all in the IMAP server
> and look them up when needed?

Nope.

There's not a good way for a mail client to support the search & Smart
Mailbox features of MailMate without keeping the whole mailstore
locally.

It's a reasonable choice to exclude
/Users/dad/Library/ApplicationSupport/MailMate/Messages from backups,
especially for backups like TimeMachine that scan whole directories if
one item changes.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org