[MlMt] No longer seeing URL when hovering over links, or link text

Mon Dec 13 09:10:55 EST 2021

On 28 Nov 2021, at 21:48, Randall Gellens wrote:

> I'm on 10.13.6 (High Sierra) and just updated to 5850 from the
> released 5673, and now I no longer get the actual URL pop-up when I
> hover over a link.

I checked the code and this is a feature which is intended to work on
10.12+. In other words, it sounds like a bug. If you would like to help
me debug then write me via “Help ▸ Send Feedback”. My guess is
that you might see an error message when hovering a URL if you launch
MailMate from a Terminal window:

	/Applications/Mailmate.app/Contents/MacOS/MailMate

You can send feedback to me using “Help ▸ Send Feedback”.

> I also see a large box with an "X" (looks like an envelope so is a bit
> confusing)

Well, I see it more like it's crossed out to signal that MailMate
blocked it from being fetched.

> in place of images and links, and I no longer see the link text (e.g.,
> "Click for story"). Are these regression bugs from 5673 to 5850, or
> some weird interaction?

The missing link text is a regression. The new message view has much
more detailed control of what is blocked, but I haven't implemented the
ability of the old message view to write the image title within the
image. I got that for free with the now deprecated Apple class used in
the old message view. (Unfortunately, it's not obvious how to implement
it.)