[MlMt] mailboxes.plist

David Ledger MailMate at ivdcs.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 08:56:06 EDT 2021

This is a question for those more familiar with the workings of MailMate.

I have a problem with MailMate beachballing which I have reported to
Benny and other than diagnosing that it is repeatedly evaluating rules
he has yet to solve. In fact as I am just one user with this problem his
time is better spent solving other problems.

I can run MailMate on both a Mac Mini and a MacBook Air. It runs on the
Mini without problems, but that copy has no rules and because of where
it is can only be easily accessed slowly over VNC. The rules on the
MacBook Air are quite complex and most likely the cause of the problem.
If I start MailMate and immediately turn my primary account offline it
works fine with the other four accounts.

Is there anyone here who is familiar with the layout of the
mailboxes.plist file? Over the years I have worked with may different
data-structures, but this one has so far defeated me. I have many rules
set on the All Messages Mailbox, which is not a good thing, however I
don't want to lose those rules. I would like to 'move' them so that they
apply to a some other place temporarily so that MailMate is usable again
and I can sort it out properly. Is there any document or any person that
could help me do this?

When beachballing it will not respond at all. It will not Quit. Activity
Monitor says it is not responding and it can stay that way for days
using 100% of a CPU core. Force Quitting is the only way to stop it.

Thanks,
David