[MlMt] nuclear option

Antonio Leding tech at leding.net
Wed Sep 30 15:54:21 EDT 2020

I doubt this is even remotely related but I will say that for some MM
users (i.e. ME), inadvertently wiping out mail can be quite easy.
Here’s how it happened…

* I receive some mail alert that is clicked on either intentionally or
by circumstance.

* This will take you directly to the “All Messages” portion of the
MM client with the message from the alert brought into focus and
selected.
* Sometimes, that message will be part of a thread that I need to read
more about so I then click on one of the many highlightable fields in
the just received message.
* This of course creates a new ad hoc filter - then, I often find it
necessary to move from the “All Messages” section to the “All /
Junk  / Deleted” section.
* When there, on a couple of occasions, I have highlighted a large range
of messages for deletion and inadvertently forgotten that some of these
were already in the Deleted\Trash section of my client.

Again, I doubt this is what is happening but it is one somewhat related
use case that I have encountered…

- - -