[MlMt] Comments on migrating from Mulberry (and Thunderbird)

Wed Sep 30 09:14:57 EDT 2020

On 29 Sep 2020, at 14:17, Raza Rizvi wrote:

>>> 3. I have MmDeleteBehavior -string "markAsDeleted" but is there an Expunge on disconnect option somewhere? I do it manually using the Experimental 2.0 prefs checkbox notes.
>>
>> No, but I think this one works (which might be what you actually want):
>>
>> 	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmAutomaticExpungeBehavior -string "mailboxSwitch"
>
> No, that is way too eager. It deletes messages from Mailbox 1 as you look at Mailbox 2. My (low priority) request was for something that did an Expunge on (clean) exit of the application.

Ok, that would be tricky since it would require MailMate to reconnect to all mailboxes with deleted messages on exit. It also seems a bit strange (to me) to require closing MailMate to expunge messages, but I usually never quit applications unless I have to.

A “naive” implementation would prepare all the emails for deletion on exit, but in practice it would (mostly) happen when MailMate was launched...