[MlMt] OT: iOS mail client

TJ Luoma luomat at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 23:22:41 EDT 2020

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 10:46 PM Charlie Garrison <
charlie-lists at garrison.com.au> wrote:

> Unless they have changed, Spark keeps creds on their servers and not just
in IMAP client. Reading
> between the lines of their docs; their servers access your mailboxes
directly (not just via iOS
> app), which is how they know when to send push notifications.

I also believe that to be the case, however, when I tried to find out if
they would not store your credentials if you turned off push notifications,
I was not able to find a clear answer on that.

Since they do not make it clear, I assume that they always store your
credentials, _in case_ you _ever_ want to use push notifications, even if
you are not using them right now.

In the end, it was easier to just stop using Spark (and change my email
password) than try to figure out what they were or were not doing.

~ Tj