[MlMt] OT: iOS mail client

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Thu Sep 3 22:11:49 EDT 2020

On 3 Sep 2020, at 21:04, Antonio Leding wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I know this is a bit off-topic but due to the plethora of knowledge
> and talent in this user community, I think this is a great place to
> ask the following…
>
> First off, I predict Mailmate users who happen to also use iOS-powered
> mobile devices would want to avoid using Apple’s iOS mail client.
>
> On that note, the two apps I found are Preside and AltaMail.  In
> looking at both, I much prefer Preside but would like to know any
> thoughts you all might have.

I have been using AirMail, which is not very satisfactory, but better
than Apple's Mail, because I have a ton of folders and Apple's mail
wouldn't let me unsubscribe from any of them...

I looked at Preside, and it looked promising, but it's UI was very
rough, and TBH I couldn't really figure out how to use it effectively.
I'd be happy to be wrong about this, because AirMail makes a botch of
handling folders and tags (they have separate tag and move to commands
but .... They do the same thing!).