[MlMt] Deleting parent message does not delete children when expanded

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Thu Sep 3 16:03:14 EDT 2020

On 3 Sep 2020, at 21:46, Sam Hathaway wrote:

> I don’t know if Benny intended this, but it makes sense to me and I
> rely on it.

I certainly know this behaviour from other mail clients and can see both
sides to it, in which case erring on the side of caution would seem to
be the way to go: don't delete mails that aren't actively selected.

OTOH, as recently came up in a discussion: combining smart folders with
rules in MailMate might much of this kind task obsolete: create a smart
folder for the relevant e-mails and add a delete rule. Job done.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark
Kronenstr. 27a