[MlMt] Version 2.0 Beta

Thu Oct 8 10:14:05 EDT 2020

On 8 Oct 2020, at 15:24, mlmt at rhp.tw wrote:

> Can anyone download and try the 2.0 beta? Where can one download it?  I'm curious to test it out.

To get the latest test release you can hold down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the Software Update preferences pane. This will still be labelled as version 1.x.

There's also a version labelled 2.0BETA which is a separate branch of MailMate, but it's not better than the 1.x release and having two branches of MailMate has proven to be a bad idea since I appear to prefer making changes iteratively and not with big new releases.

The past week or so I've been working on getting completely rid of the 2.0BETA. The plan is to automatically update 2.0BETA installs to the 1.x release. When that happens then it's the official end of the 2.0BETA branch.

(I haven't really been answering emails while working on this since most of the time MailMate was not in a usable state. I could of course use a separate install of MailMate for that, but not being able to use MailMate is a very powerful motivation for putting work into actually making it usable again ;-) )