[MlMt] smart folder - emails not from real people

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sun Oct 4 15:05:59 EDT 2020

On 4 Oct 2020, at 11:28, Evan Silberman wrote:

> I want to clean up my email account and find emails that are only from
> lists and groups and NOT from people.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this?

I vaguely recall that one of the example smart folders that exists
unless and until you delete it is "All Mailing Lists" but if you do not
have that it is easy enough to recreate it. Just use a condition of the
"List-Id" header existing.

Note that this catches all mail coming through standards-compliant
mailing lists, such as THIS mailing list. I'm pretty sure both you and I
and everyone else posting here are all people, and if you do not want to
include discussion lists like this one where people write messages,
you'll have a much more complicated problem. The first step in that
would be defining what exactly you mean by "NOT from people."

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org
Not Currently Available For Hire