[MlMt] Replies don't show original text in editable form

TJ Luoma luomat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 09:02:54 EDT 2020

wrote:

> On 23 Sep 2020, at 22:24, TJ Luoma wrote:
>
> > Sometimes when I hit try to reply to a message, I get something that
> looks
> > like this:
> >
> > On 23 Sep 2020, at 14:26, Joan Smyth wrote:
> >
> >> 95CF6E9D-29B2-4A61-AC28-03DF372EC49A
>
> This is MailMate failing to handle embedding the HTML of the original
> message.

FWIW, this seemed to go away when I upgraded to Big Sur Beta 8.

> > Is this a known bug? I'm using the latest MailMate as far as I know:
> >
> >      CFBundleVersion: 5683
>
> It's not the latest test release. Hold down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in
> the Software Update preferences pane or fetch it directly here:
> https://updates.mailmate-app.com/archives

I didn't realize there was a " secret handshake" beyond "Check For Beta
Builds"!

Thanks

> Some test releases handle embedding HTML worse than the public release,
> but the latest test releases should be much more robust (also more robust
> than the public release).

The current version (5723) also seems to work fine.

> > I am running on the latest Big Sur beta macOS version 11.0 (20A5374i)
> which may be a factor.
>
> Probably not. The main issue on Big Sur is that printing doesn't work. I
> don't really know why (which means I haven't looked into it). The crash
> reports are a bit weird and it might be an Apple issue and not a MailMate
> issue.

I print things so rarely, I wasn't even aware this was an issue.

Thanks for the info on getting the latest builds.

Tj