[MlMt] adding an account in 5737

Tue Nov 24 03:10:09 EST 2020

On 24 Nov 2020, at 8:21, Marc ARC wrote:

> On 24 Nov 2020, at 0:54, Paul Burchfield wrote:
>
>> Anyone else have an issue adding a new account in 5737? When I try, the "Add" button remains disabled. I downgraded to 5726 and that function works.
>
> V5738 is available and fixes this issue

Be aware that OAuth2 is also broken (Gmail/Office365) in recent uploads of MailMate. This means that even if r5738 fixes the general issue with adding accounts then it won't work for all accounts. I'll have another upload (r5740) out with a fix for this later today (https://updates.mailmate-app.com/archives/).

The massive code changes I did after r5726 has resulted in more new bugs than I had hoped (but it was still necessary changes). It's getting closer to being ready to replace r5726 on the test release branch, but there's at least 1 crash bug I still need to fix before doing that.

The good news is that font settings are back for the message view. This (also) required major changes, but I expect it to be less flaky than it was in the past. Note that the ⌘+/⌘- shortcuts have been changed to only temporarily zoom the currently displayed message(s) -- ⌘0 resets the zoom factor (all of this is equivalent to Safari). Persistent changes can now only be done via “View ▸ Choose Font...”. This means “Format ▸ Show Fonts” is gone -- this has always been counter-intuitive given that it's (still) not possible to set the font of outgoing messages.