[MlMt] Automated filing by tags

Paul Atlan paulatlan at fastmail.fm
Sat Nov 14 14:18:12 EST 2020

I want to use tags as a way to track some of my mail and create nice
smart folders, but using IMAP folder is a nice way to manage my mail "on
the go" with my iPhone.
I have a folder on my mail server called "file cabinet" with subfolders
by topics, which map to tags (same names)
I want to :
* if I save a message to the folder, tag it with the name of the folder
* if I tag a message, save it to the corresponding folder (instead of
archiving it)

So for now, I need to map carefully each tag to a folder and vice versa,
and set up the corresponding rules ... it's a pain.

Is there a way to specify a generic rule (if the tag is XXX, file in
folder file cabinet/XXX) ?