[MlMt] include contents of one smart mailbox in another

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Nov 11 14:10:46 EST 2020

On 10 Nov 2020, at 15:43, Shoshanna Green wrote:

> Setting B as a source mailbox for A would mean that A's conditions
> would be applied to messages in B and the messages that meet them
> would be included in A, but messages in B that do not meet them
> wouldn't be. What I want is to define A with a nonexclusive OR: A's
> conditions need to be along the lines of
>
> ANY OF:
>  - is contained in B
>  - [set of other conditions]
>
> Is that clearer?

Create mailbox C with all of those other conditions.
Create mailbox A which includes all messages in B and all in C, i.e.
with B and C as sources and no conditions.

To minimize clutter in the mailbox list, I keep a folder of mailboxes
that I almost never use directly but which I use either very
occasionally or in that sort of layered construct.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org
Not Currently Available For Hire