[MlMt] include contents of one smart mailbox in another

Martin S Taylor mailmate at martinstaylor.com
Tue Nov 10 16:06:01 EST 2020

Shoshanna:

On 10 Nov 2020, at 20:43, Shoshanna Green wrote:

> What I want is to define A with a nonexclusive OR: A's conditions need
> to be along the lines of
>
> ANY OF:
>  - is contained in B
>  - [set of other conditions]

I've had this problem, too, and it is awkward, isn't it? You'd think you
could set a Smart Mailbox as a *condition*.

The workaround I use is to define a third smart (dummy) mailbox, C.
Then:

C is defined to contain everything which meets [set of other conditions]
A is defined to contain messages which are in *any* of the mailboxes: B
or C.

MST