[MlMt] include contents of one smart mailbox in another

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 12:02:38 EST 2020

Is it possible to set up a condition for smart mailbox A that will catch
all messages that are in smart mailbox B, without just copying all the
conditions for B over to A? Copying them over requires manually keeping
the two sets of conditions identical; if I make a change to B I have to
remember to make the same change to A.

In other words, I'd like to be able to have a condition on A that says
"is included in B" along with the usual conditions like "is from
such-and-such address," "is unread," etc.

(I believe that if B is a submailbox of A I can just check the box on
A's Mailboxes tab that says "Include messages in any submailboxes of
this mailbox"? But I'm wondering if there's a way to do it when B is not
a submailbox of A.) (Also I find that checkbox a bit counterintuitive,
since the mailboxes listed on that tab are the ones to which the
conditions will be applied; listing them there doesn't mean that the
messages in them will automatically be included whether or not the
conditions match. But that seems to be what the checkbox means for
submailboxes. The checkbox would be more intuitive to me on the
Conditions tab.)

Thanks for any help!

Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com