[MlMt] Saving selected emails + attachments for legal proof ?

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Mon Jun 15 15:29:22 EDT 2020

Here’s a possible solution:

1. Select all (or a good chunk, say 100) of the messages in the folder
view, then use File->Open Messages. This will create a single window
with all the selected messages concatenated.

2. In the message(s) window, use File->Print and redirect the output to
a PDF file using the PDF menu in the lower left corner. In the resulting
PDF, any attachments for a message will be listed at the end of that
message by filename, MIME type, and size.

3. Use Message->Save Attachments in the same message(s) window, and send
the output to a newly created folder. All attachments from the selected
messages will be stored in this folder as separate files.

4. Print all the saved attachments using whatever apps are appropriate
for each type of file.

On 14 Jun 2020, at 12:40, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> Yes, but I need the attachments too...print doesn't do that.
>
> /max
> https://xam.dk/about
>
> On 14 Jun 2020, at 16:34, Fredrik Jonsson wrote:
>
>> Max Rydahl Andersen 2020-06-14 9:41 wrote:
>>
>>> I'm in a need to save and preferably print ~500 messages including
>>> attachments for evidence in a legal case.
>>>
>>> Anyone know if there is a hidden option somewhere or maybe have a
>>> script that can make that happen ?
>>
>> You can simply select all the messages you want to print and the use
>> the print command. That will print all the selected messages.
>>
>> Fredrik

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net