[MlMt] Keeping layout when restarting MailMate

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Sun Jun 14 11:51:41 EDT 2020

I think it’s a longstanding bug in MailMate that the column layouts
lose their persistence. It’s been an issue since the first time I used
the app, and I wrote to Bennie about it at the time. I have a workaround
that resolves this issue, but it’s not perfect. Every once in a while,
it pops up again after I have tweaked the column headings, and it takes
me 20+ minutes of futzing to recover. I don’t know exactly what
triggers the problem. To fix it, I have to define a new default column
layout, apply it to every mailbox (folder), and then *change* one of the
columns, so it’s no longer the default. That usually gets things back
to a persistent mode, though it often takes some futzing around, as I
said. It’s one of the truly frustrating things about this software.

On 14 Jun 2020, at 10:06, Paul Rudkin via mailmate wrote:

> Hi
>
> I like the correspondence layout when viewing emails. Is it possible
> to maintain this setting between restarts of MailMate? I find that
> after a restart MailMate resorts to the 3 panel layout so I always
> have to switch to correspondence layout.
>
> I cannot find a setting for this, but perhaps I am looking in the
> wrong place.
>
> Paul

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net