[MlMt] MailMate overriding my outbound settings when sending to my other accounts

Greg Earle earle at isolar.DynDNS.ORG
Wed Jun 3 23:57:56 EDT 2020

Benny,

I've noticed a couple of times that MailMate has this annoying habit.

Imagine I've got the following e-mail accounts:

Work

earle at workmailserver.work.do.main
earle at workmailserver-test.work.do.main

Personal

earle at yahoo.com				(This doesn't exist, but work with me here ...)
earle at isolar.DynDNS.ORG		(This account I'm sending from)

I've noticed that if I compose a message from my

earle at workmailserver-test

account (with outbound SMTP set to go out the test server) and it's
intended for my

earle at workmailserver

account (with outbound SMTP set to go out the ops server), MailMate will
override the sending account and short-circuit it to change the outbound
account to send it from

earle at workmailserver

and send it from that account via the ops server instead of the test
server.

Similarly, if I try send to an e-mail from "earle at isolar.DynDNS.ORG" to

earle at Yahoo.COM		(Again, this is not a real account, just for
illustration)

it will change the sending e-mail account to the Yahoo! Mail account and
send it out through Yahoo!'s outbound mail server instead of my Mailhub
outbound SMTP server.

This is incredibly annoying when you are trying to do testing (work mail
server vs. test work mail server) or debugging problems (e.g. problems
sending mails to other Yahoo! Mail accounts from your non-Yahoo!
account).

Is there some secret Terminal "defaults write" command that will stop it
from overriding what I'm trying to do?  If not, does

Preferences ->
Composer ->
New Message: Default account is [ derived from context ]

control that behavior?

Thanks,

		- Greg