[MlMt] MM keeps re-asking for password

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sat Jul 18 02:05:02 EDT 2020

I had a problem very much like this a few weeks ago.  When I came back
to my machine after leaving MM running overnight it would prompt me for
some or all of the passwords for the 5 IMAP accounts that I normally
use.  I discovered that if I just dismissed those dialogs MM would try
again and get the PW from the Keychain with no problem.  With some help
I got MM to log what it was doing and discovered that it was trying to
access the keychain while the machine thought it was in "dark wake"
mode.  This is Apple's internal name for Power Nap.  There are two
problems with this: I don't have Power Nap enabled and MM wasn't doing
anything that should require the GUI to be active.  I gave up trying to
find the problem and it eventually went away as mysteriously as it
started.

I don't use SSH or NAT.  Some of the servers are on my local network and
some aren't.

         Mike