[MlMt] Activate MM through shortcut by opening it again doesn't work

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Jan 8 08:57:05 EST 2020

On 7 Jan 2020, at 8:42, Robert M. Münch wrote:

> I use Stream Deck (physical shortcut deck) which allows to start an
> application. Most OSX apps can be activated by opening them again if
> they already run.
>
> MM isn’t activated, instead it behaves strange in that it looks like
> a 2nd instance is launched but terminated after a short time.

Is it possible that you have MM installed in 2 places? I have found that
if I leave full-image backups (e.g. CarbonCopy Cloner or SuperDuper)
mounted permanently, macOS Launch Services can get confused about which
copy of  an app is the right one to use. This can result in the behavior
you describe.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org