[MlMt] Auto-suggest mailboxes when moving a message

Gary Wong gary.wong at spingroup.com
Sun Feb 16 11:14:23 EST 2020

Hi Mailmaters!

In my iOS email app, Spark, when I click the MOVE button, it would list
mailbox suggestions based on the recipient and my move history. I can
also search for a new mailbox if none of those are correct.  It’s very
accurate - usually the first 2 or 3 boxes are almost always the box I
want to move the message to.

In Mailmate, the move dialog’s mailbox list is simply based on history
of last boxes I moved messages to.  I almost always have to search by
typing the first few characters, which is fast and works great, but
still requires more work than Spark.  I was wondering how hard it would
be to add an auto suggest feature to Mailmate either as a core function
or as a bundle.

I understand a lot of folks set up smart mailboxes so messages gets
filtered without even having to move them, but I like to go through all
my messages in my Inbox chronologically and file them myself.  I guess I
am too paranoid that I might miss one that got auto-filed.  And, I use
my mobile to go through my emails about 40% of the time so I’d like to
keep my process the same between mobile and desktop.

Any thoughts are most welcome!

Gary Wong