[MlMt] Mystery messages being created…

Sam Hathaway list.mailmate at munkynet.org
Fri Feb 7 14:35:37 EST 2020

On 6 Feb 2020, at 17:37, Charlie Garrison wrote:

> On 7 Feb 2020, at 1:15, Bill Cole wrote:
>
> Spark has horrible and disgusting business practices that they hide
> behind slick marketing. I think there needs to be a public
> announcement advising users against ever downloading Spark. [My
> comments are based on bad experience a couple of years ago; things may
> have changed since, but I doubt it.]

Another perspective on Spark, for what it’s worth:
https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/adazxk/psa_there_is_nothing_special_about_spark_emails/

The short version is that there’s no way to do push notifications for
IMAP accounts on iOS without their server logging into your account and
keeping an IDLE connection open.

Many iOS email clients do this. It’s the price you pay for having
timely push notifications.

Just my 2¢.
-sam