[MlMt] Version 1.13.1 (5671) crashing more and more

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Tue Feb 4 11:36:30 EST 2020

On 2020-02-04 06:25:34 (-0800), Charlie Clark wrote:
> On 4 Feb 2020, at 15:02, Robert Brenstein wrote:
>> 5676 is a bit more stable under El Capitan than earlier version but
>> still crashes randomly, more even than we care for, and it crashes
>> even if user does nothing on the computer.
>
> Okay, then it's best to stick with the last stable release and Benny
> is quite clear on this. Some of us are prepared to put up with the odd
> crash to try new things out, but if I had more than a couple of
> crashes a week, I'd go back to stable as well.

I don't remember MailMate every crashing more than a few times per
week...  I generally follow the latest test releases and see maybe a
crash per month or so.

And this is with a silly number of mailboxes: several hundred, some with
hundreds of thousands of messages.

But most of my email is plain text mailing list traffic so maybe there's
something about the specific kind of email you folks get.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer