[MlMt] Can't disable "Organise by Thread".

Scott mailmate at howyagoin.net
Mon Dec 21 18:35:03 EST 2020

Hi,

One massive performance drag on MailMate that I've noticed is that if
"Organise by Thread" is enabled that searching for messages is painfully
slow -- beachball and 20-30 seconds or more before any results come
back.

I have over 500K messages, but, very fast RAID SSD and more than enough
RAM (240G).

The issue is no doubt the sheer message quantity that MailMate tries to
parse and find messages that are in the same thread.

So, for the last few years I've ensured that View -> Organise by Thread
was disabled.

However, with version Version 1.14 (5755) (Big Sur), the "All Messages"
Mailbox, which is the default for searching, ALWAYS has message
threading enforced, even though the menu toggle is disabled.

Is this a bug, or does someone have a workaround?

Feels like a bug...

Thanks,

Scott