[MlMt] Big Sur and 2.0 branch?

Thu Dec 17 07:30:15 EST 2020

On 16 Dec 2020, at 17:06, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> I'm running Build 6151, from the 2.0 branch, and will likely need to move to Big Sur very soon.
>
> a)	Will 6151 work? (In brief tests on a scratch machine, I didn't notice any problems, but those tests were brief)

Printing doesn't work and there are other less serious issues, but note that the 2.0 branch won't get any more updates. I'll be retiring it as soon as I'm confident the 1.x branch can fully replace it (a few Viewer related preferences are still missing).

> b)	Will I be able to install the latest beta from the 1.x branch without problems with configurations and databases?

Yes. I also recommend using the latest test release on Big Sur: Hold down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the Software Update preferences pane.

> By "very soon", I mean "my new laptop will be arriving tomorrow or Friday"…

Congrats on the new laptop. (Note that MailMate is not a universal app yet if it's an M1 CPU, but it should still work.)