[MlMt] MailMate and Emacs

Thomas Kahle thomas.kahle at jpberlin.de
Sun Dec 6 08:22:08 EST 2020

Hi,

I want to use emacs to compose mail.  I started with this bundle:
https://github.com/alexandru/emacs.mmbundle
which gets mail into emacs and back to mailmate.

Alas, there seems to be no nice minor mode for editing e-mail in emacs.  Specifically, message-mode assumes that the buffer starts with a header containing the usual mail headers, the body following after a separator.  If no such separator is present, emacs will behave as if one is editing the header and this changes the meaning of key combinations.  See here for more details: https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/62116/use-message-mode-without-headers

Has anyone solved that?  What are your emacs + MailMate setups?

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Thomas Kahle