[MlMt] Can I view account password?

Sam Hathaway list.mailmate at munkynet.org
Sun Aug 30 12:41:08 EDT 2020

On 30 Aug 2020, at 4:55, Thomas Bartlett via mailmate wrote:

> "com.apple.Exchange.oath-refresh-token."

Thomas,

You mean, “oauth-refresh-token”, right?

If your account is using OAuth, your mail client won’t store the
account password.

The keychain items that MailMate stores for my GMail account (which uses
OAuth) are:

com.freron.MailMate.Google.oauth-token
com.freron.MailMate.Google.oauth-refresh-token

Neither of these contain my GMail password.

By contrast, for my FastMail account (which uses application passwords),
MailMate stores these items in the keychain:

imap.fastmail.com
smtp.fastmail.com

These both contain the FastMail application password for my account.

Basically, if your provider uses OAuth, you’re SOL any you’ll
probably have to reset your password.
-sam

P.S.: Why do you have so many email clients?! XD