[MlMt] Moving from Apple Mail to Mailmate

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Thu Aug 27 04:47:44 EDT 2020

On 26 Aug 2020, at 22:51, Antonio Leding wrote:

> I can see this as a desired option if one wants all of their mail on
> the local machine…but I have a different use-case…
>
> I presume many users do the same thing I do which is that some or most
> of their mail is on the server and then some is stored locally.  I’m
> not arguing that one method is better than any other — I’m just
> stating how I happen to manage my email…

I'm not quite sure what you mean. MailMate, along with many IMAP
clients, keeps a cache of mail locally and you can take folders offline
to prevent synching. With a protocol like IMAP you have to weigh up
whether you want to synchronise and, if so, which is likely to be the
canonical source. If not you should look at an archive system.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark
Kronenstr. 27a