[MlMt] MailMate can't connect to Yahoo account

Thomas Bartlett t.bartlett at me.com
Mon Aug 17 20:32:49 EDT 2020

I have a new Yahoo mail account.  It is running well on Apple Mail and I can access it in a browser. I infer that it is an IMAP account. I have set it up in MailMate as prescribed but MailMate keeps asking for a password.  I tried entering the login password that is effective in Mail and online but Mail Mate rejected it; I tried entering an app specific password from Apple (don't know why that would be wanted, but it was suggested in the error message) but it was rejected.  I'm using settings that I found on internet but they may be out of date, or not specific for MailMate, as follows:

imap.mail.yahoo.com <http://imap.mail.yahoo.com/> port 993, SSL enabled with login password entered
smtp.mail.yahoo.com <http://smtp.mail.yahoo.com/> port 465 SSL enabled with login password entered

Are there more effective settings?